cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow Administrator Display Issue

AdamDavis
1-Newbie

Workflow Administrator Display Issue

Greetings,

I'm having an issue with the Workflow Administrator applet, where some PCs cannot display process diagrams but other PCs can. For example, using my desktop I can open the Workflow Administrator and see the list of Process Templates, but if I select one and press the View button, it will open in what appears to be an empty window. By randomly double-clicking in that window you will eventually open a properties pop-up, so it appears to be loading the diagram, it's just not displaying it. The same thing happens with every diagram I have tried to open with this machine. It also happens when editing existing or creating new diagrams. In contrast, I can open the same Process Templates using my (loaner) laptop.

My desktop PC is running Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit) with service pack 2 installed. The selected theme is Windows Vista Basic. The first time I ran the Workflow Administrator on this PC I received a message saying that it had temporarily changed the theme to Windows Vista Basic. Since then I manually changed the theme (to try to resolve this issue). The java version is "1.6.0_24".

The loaner laptop is running Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit) with service pack 2 installed. The selected theme is Windows Aero. I _don't_ receive a message saying that it has temporarily changed the theme to Windows Vista Basic when I run the applet on this machine. Its possible that I have turned off the message notification, but I don't remember doing that (for this machine). The java version is "1.6.0_24".

Has anyone run into and resolved this issue?

1 REPLY 1

I created a PTC case for this issue and here is the reply from the support person:

I think this issue might be related to Java's use of direct3D. Try adding the following environment variable on your client machine:
J2D_D3D=false

Then, see if you can load the applet correctly. If you still see the issue, then try opening up your java control panel, and under the java runtime environment settings, add the following runtime parameter:
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

Then clear your Java cache and see if you can load the applet.

Setting the environment variable worked for me.

Top Tags