cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Workflow routing expression for different languages

kregimbald
9-Granite

Workflow routing expression for different languages

We are using Windchill 10.1. I want to add a task to an existing workflow whereby the task can automatically determine if the object is English or French (attribute="EN" or "FR") and then initiate the next task. English following a specific route and French following a different route. As far as I can determine, I should use a "conditional" task which would have a routing expression. My problem is, I'm not sure how to write this expression. What specifically do I need to enter in the routing expression properties? For example, something like below: If (Language="EN" result="UpdateContent task" else Language="FR" result="OnlineReview task" I don't have any experience writing expressions so if someone can provide guidance that would be great. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Have to be very precise with terminology with this stuff or it hopelessy tangled.

You have an attribute on an object (e.g Change Request) which has a workflow process associated with it. That object is the "Primary Business Object" (PBO) of the workflow process.

The workflow conditional has to branch based on a workflow varialble.

So - The remaining part, not well-documented by PTC, is to get the PBO attribute value mapped to the workflow variable on initiation of the worklflow process.

See this topic in Windchill Help (I'm looking at 10.2 M020 - may not be there in earlier releases): "Working with PBO Attributes as Workflow Variables"

This help topic discussed both directions

- GET a PBO attribute value and assign to the workflow variable

- SET a workflow variable value to the PBO attribute value

GET is used primarily for:

- Branching the process, as you are interested in doing

- Displaying the value read-only during Tasks

- Allowing changing the value during a Task rather then editing the PBO (used with SET)

SET is used primarily for the third use above

A bit complex but well worth investing in these

Top Tags