cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Workflow routing

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Workflow routing

We are a highly regulated medical instrument company. We have many official Roles, and requirements that each thing that is approved be approved qualified people inspecific Roles (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, Medical Safety, Marketing, Sterilization expert, Trademarks, etc., etc.). Many times, a single individual fills multiple Roles for approval of a specific document or change.

We currently have many workflow templates set up with one Activity per Role, with various mechanisms to include / not include each Role and select principals and this works well.

Many approvers are asking if we can somehow provide a way for them to approve only once for multiple specific Roles when this applies.

We see this as a difficultchallenge in configuring Windchill for a bunch of reasons. Note: Our main answer to those asking is that we should reduce the number of Roles and eliminate most of the need - but so far that has fallen on deaf ears.

So, just wondering if anyone has attemted to address this type of situation.

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

Mike,

IMHO, this is a great requirement but one that would require some tweaks
and a change to how tasks are managed. I also do not believe this is a
case where it should always occur. The user should be allowed to group
parallel tasks and approvals as they see fit. Its almost a certainty
that when you get this to work, someone will crawl out and say they want
it the other way.

I liken approvals to a bank of light switches. The light doesn't go on
until all switches are flipped. Some switches could be ganged together
(your requirement). During that time, they could also be flipped off