cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Workspace data loss

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Workspace data loss

PDMLink 9.1 - Creo 2.0 M110 - Had an odd issue with a user that almost resulting in two days loss of work. The user indicated that a check in failed. Later they noted that they were not able to load a top level assembly drawing. I found out that the workspace somehow took the assembly drawing file and saved it down on top of the assembly drawing. I am referring to the LID_ files in the workspace cache. So to the user, two days of work was lost.

We ended up going to the vaults on the server and was able to find a copy of the file, phew. Workspace and local connection was cleared and recreated so the user could continue. As I go back to PTC, I was wondering if anyone has seen this, specifically where the workspace mixes up the LID files in the local cache.

Antonio Villanueva - Sr. Software Engineer - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06804
Tel: +1 203 797 5682
antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com<">mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

All the versions are saved in the local cache. asm.1, asm.2, asm.3, etc. It never overwrites any version.

All you need to do is copy all the lid files out of the local cache to a backup directory and then run the utility to rename the files back to the human readable names. Then when you pick file open from from that directory, ask it to show you all versions. You'll see all the dot versions, and you can pick a non-latest version.

There's a program on the PTCuser site that will do this.

4. xcopy "%USERPROFILE%\pro\Creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.cache2008\<servername>\lid_*" "%USERPROFILE%\pro\Creo_2_home\%BACKUPRENAME%\"

5. copy \\<servername>\<sharename>\bin\recover_workspace\WorkspaceRename_2.exe<file: \\%3cservername%3e\%3csharename%3e\bin\recover_workspace\work...

Looking though my really old mail, I found who I got the source from. Don't have the source any more.
The guy that originally wrote this was Dan Wolf.

David Haigh
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

In our case there were not many lid files and I check them all. I verified that it did indeed save the asm file where the drw file should have been. I think saves might get cleared out on an upload. And use or not use of frames might be an issue here that could be different than yours.
Top Tags