cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workspace names and users

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Workspace names and users

As I prepare to upgrade another Windchill system next week (2 of 3), This system has some users who are no longer here. I can get their username and set the password to allow me to log into their accounts. Once in, I can delete all files (and empty workspaces) that have been checked in. New files I will work with managers on getting them checked in.

My concern is for those infrequent users who may have created a workspace, downloaded files and then did nothing. Is there a way to obtain the names of all workspaces and the users they are assigned to from an SQL query that someone can share with me? If not SQL, is there a report that can be run for listing what I need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

Try using the attached report.  I developed this report many years ago and it has continued to work through a few versions of PDMLink.  I use it every time we upgrade in the weeks before the upgrade weekend to get everyone to clear their files and workspaces.

The column "Status" is pretty vague.  I don't really know what it is truly for.

If you are an admin the the View Information icon for the workspace will take you directly to the users workspace.

I would love to know if this worked for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Try using the attached report.  I developed this report many years ago and it has continued to work through a few versions of PDMLink.  I use it every time we upgrade in the weeks before the upgrade weekend to get everyone to clear their files and workspaces.

The column "Status" is pretty vague.  I don't really know what it is truly for.

If you are an admin the the View Information icon for the workspace will take you directly to the users workspace.

I would love to know if this worked for you.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

Steve,

It is giving me an error when I try to import the file into Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS20. It says only files exported from Windchill can be imported. I looked at the XML file and the structure seems to be very close to a report I exported from Windchill today for comparison.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Ah.  I am on 12.0.1.2 so it probably won't work.

We just upgrade at the end of Aug and we still have our 11.0 servers running.  Actually, they are being turned off tonight.  I will export them and upload them.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Here you go.  This is for version 11.0 M030.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

That report works great. THANKS

Gives more information than I need, but that can be filtered down.

Even if I don't select the file names and paths, the report lists all 18K+ lines of the workspaces that each file is in.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I'm glad it helped.

You can modify the report.  Just remove the columns you don't need or want.

rhart
14-Alexandrite

Other users workspaces can be viewed, cleared or deleted from Site admin’s homepage, so you won’t need to log them in.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:rhart)

I forget about that because I've been using the report for a long time and I believe that option is relatively new?  But I don't know if it has all the same functionality as if the user is logged in.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rhart)

I have used that option in the past. But what if you don't know if user XYZ even has a workspace. At one point the original system admin put everyone into Windchill, over 300 users. We are not licensed for that many, so with Windchill 11.1, we removed or marked as no longer here over 200 users from Windchill. It is that list of workspaces to users that I need to be sure I get them all for the upgrade.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

This is a very good point.

Top Tags