cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

all WC 10 M030 available except PDMLink & ProjLink?

bcavanaugh
1-Newbie

all WC 10 M030 available except PDMLink & ProjLink?

I'm new to Windchill and so not fully familiar with maintenance release practices...yet...

I see that WC 10.0 M030 was released for most components except for PDMLink & ProjectLink...those still list M020 as the latest available for download...If I understand things properly, we need PDMLink & ProjectLink to be released at M030 before we can start installing M030 version...is this correct assumption?

thanks

Barry

4 REPLIES 4

Looking for the same info. Also does anyone have a clear cut method for removing old instances of Windchill. I always seem to miss something, and my reinstall gets screwy. I can't seem to find a clear cut list of un-installation steps.

I went to the technical committee meetings at PTC HQ yesterday and talked with a few people on this...

It appears that there is "no change" between PDMLink & ProjectLink M020->M030 downloadables, so PTC does not offer an M030 for these two as a download. Instead, there is a "Service Pack" download that they intend for us to use.

I was told that as long as we run the M030 "Solution Installer", it will know what downloads are required based on what options we select at the begininng part of the Solution Installer process.

...so, I think all the necessary components for M030 are now available for dload from the PTC dload page...

This matter is quite unfortunate since I opened a ticket with tech support and they specifically told me that I need the M030 versino of PDMLink.

I will be attempting an install on Friday I think...if you try before hand please let me know if it works out for you..

thanks

Barry

I'll be running through the install in about an hour. I'll post back at the end of day to let you know how things go.

Such CDs doesn't exist in release M030.

You need to use the PDMLink / ProejctLink F000 for your installation.

The service pack CD will update the installation to M030.

Top Tags