cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

change the thumbnail for product

Weber
1-Newbie

change the thumbnail for product

I think this is an easy issue but I cant find any help in PTC manual. When crating a new product the first assembly you checkin for this product is used as the thumbnail How can I change the thumbnail of this product e.g. use a picture of an assambly that is checked in later ? Thanks for any idea
4 REPLIES 4

If you wish to use a fix picture, edit the properties page of the product, so you can define a link the the products picture. Leave the link empty to use the thumbnail of the assembly. Regards Frank

Hallo Frank thanks for this idea. But at least a picture is not what I want, I want to have a new pcv relaetd to the product so I can use the productviewer. Somehow it must be possible to assign another assembly to the Product thumbnail than the first assembly.

Hi Andreas, ok ..., you can switch the releated assembly for a product by editing the properties of the product. The new releated assembly must be a standalone assembly or mean assembly in the product (not a subassembly!!!) Regards Frank

Just to add to what Frank said, I've attached a picture below of the property you will be changing on the product's properties page. Again, it has to be a high-level assembly...sub-assemblies will not be listed here. Regards, Ben Duquette TriStar, Inc.
Top Tags