cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

export attributes under the Manage Reusable Attributes from Type and Attribute Manager

RM_9973523
3-Visitor

export attributes under the Manage Reusable Attributes from Type and Attribute Manager

How to export attributes under the Manage Reusable Attributes from Type and Attribute Manager in Windchill 12.1.2.1

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RM_9973523 

An Article CS30168 describes how to use loadfromfile method to export import the attributes.

PetrH

I was thinking of Business Administrative Changes but looks like that is for lifecycles, OIRS  and workflows.

Hi Petr

I want to export the Manage Reusable Attributes not the windchill types.

Need to export these and import into another server.

Please refer the attached screenshot

Hi @RM_9973523 

If the global attributes are part of the softtype then the loadfrom file will export and import also the global reusable attributes.

Test it.

PS> if you need to export/import Global Reusable attributes I am sure that they are part of any softtype

so export all softtype where the global attributes  are used. 

PetrH

Easy to do.

Write custom code to get the data from the dB and write the data to a text file.

Next write custom code to read the text file which contains, internal name, display name, data type, organizer, etc and simply create the new objects and store them to the dB.

The number of data types is very limited, String, Long, Boolean, Floating Point, Floating point with Units, URL, Timestamp.

Should be easy to pull this off.

Top Tags