cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

(how to) Placing CAD objects under Change Control.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

(how to) Placing CAD objects under Change Control.

I’m looking for some guidance on implementing change control for CAD objects in WC 10.1.

I don’t have much experience on the CAD side of Windchill and was hoping that someone has traveled this path already.

My goal is to place the CAD files associated with the Specifications documents all together (with the part objects in the near future) on the same Change Request and have Windchill set the state once approved!

Currently, once the CR is ready to close the CAD group is notified and someone just manually sets the state or up-rev’s the files.

We are using Creo Parametric 2.0 and Solidworks 2013.

How are the CAD objects associated? .prt and .drw? Is there a parent / child relationship?

Is there a system preference that keeps all the related CAD objects organized?

If Creo is creating these CAD objects, does Windchill need to have an OIR for them? Wondering how to define the states for the CAD objects.

1 REPLY 1
lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

Quick update - and feel free to chime in people!

The CAD.drw and CAD.prt are automatically linked. The WTPart is then linked to the CAD.drw allowing other WTDocuments to be structured to the WTPart for a DMR.

For those users who do not have light CAD viewer installed, we will also be using Pro/WEB Publishing to create a viewable file that will be attached to the CAD.drw.

Thoughts / Experiences?

Top Tags