cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

i have written a validator to check the duplicacy in the multi value attribute called "Production Plant" in both create and checkout and edit page...But i could accomplish this only in create page.

ljeyachandran
7-Bedrock

i have written a validator to check the duplicacy in the multi value attribute called "Production Plant" in both create and checkout and edit page...But i could accomplish this only in create page.

Since "create" action default validator is DefaultUIComponentValidator. i created a validator extending it.

For "checkoutandEdit" action default validator is CheckoutAndEditValidator. i created another validator extending it.

PFA the java files. But the problem is that it works for create acton but not checkout functions.

Need help with this

Regards,

Logeshwar.J

4 REPLIES 4

Can you attach the xml for the service and action?

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The property entry for the validators are as below

createPricolProduct - custom action name to create custom object

checkoutAndEdit - OOTB action name (used JcaDebug mode)

These property entries are added in the custom property file

<Service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator">

<Option cardinality="duplicate" requestor="null" order="0" overridable="true" selector="createPricolProduct" serviceClass="ext.pricol.common.validators.MultiValueValidatorCreate"/>

</Service>

<Service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator">

<Option cardinality="duplicate" requestor="wt.part.WTPart" order="0" overridable="true" selector="checkoutAndEdit" serviceClass="ext.pricol.common.validators.MultiValueValidatorEdit"/>

</Service>

Regards,

Logeshwar.J

logeshwar.jeyachandran@itcinfotech.com

You could try changing the requestor to "null". Also, I've had to add required="true" to the the action before. This document was created in response to a couple of cases I opened when I was having trouble getting validators to work.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS138656

Hope this helps. I'm out of ideas.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for trying...But it is still not working...

Regards,

Logeshwar.J

logeshwar.jeyachandran@itcinfotech.com

Top Tags