cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

migration problem mapping ilink release level to lifecycle state with space in name

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

migration problem mapping ilink release level to lifecycle state with space in name

Intralink 3.4 M060 migration to PDMLink 9.1 M020.

I have created a lifecycle called "Tech Pub" with one of its states named "In Work". When attempting to map my Intralink "Tech Pub" release levels I get an error when mapping to "IN WORK". The relevant section from epm_folder_rsrl_map.properties is this:

RS.DEF.BEGIN.Tech Pub
Tech Pub=Tech Pub
Tech Pub.1.PRELIMINARY=IN WORK
Tech Pub.2.PRODUCTION=PRODUCTION
RS.DEF.END.Tech Pub

When I attempt to reconcile Folder and Scheme/Release Level data I am getting the following error:

Conflicting Data                                         Root Folder/Tech Pub
                                                                                                Invalid Conflicts                                                    Description: Invalid State. No life cycle state by this name exists or this state does not occur in the mapped Lifecycle template.                                                    Resolution: Please provide the correct state.                                                                            Conflicting Data                                         1291:Tech Pub.1.PRELIMINARY=IN WORK

As you can see the error is complaining about the "IN WORK" state. I have tried enclosing IN WORK with both " and ' however that doesn't resolve the error. Does anyone know how to map to a lifecycle name with a space? Or point me to somewhere in the ProIDateMigAdminGuide_9_1_M020.pdf that documents how to map to a lifecycle with a space in the name.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

If your "IN WORK" state is OOTB, it shouldn't have a space at all. Just like you have to use CANCELLED with two "L's" instead of one.

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

The gotcha is the display name vs the KEY name (behind the scenes) name for the state. The KEY names are generally all caps, no spaces.

Look at the states using enumcustomize for clarification...

Thanks to all who replied with the "leave out the space" in "IN WORK" so the problem line in epm_folder_rsrl_map.properties went from this:

Tech Pub.1.PRELIMINARY=IN WORK  (incorrect)

to this

Tech Pub.1.PRELIMINARY=INWORK  (correct)

"ildataloader.sh Mapping" will now happily reconcile the FOLDER and RELEASE SCHEME/RELEASE LEVEL data.

I think what one actually needs to do is  take a look at the <windchill_dir>/src/wt/lifecycle/StateRB.rbInfo file and take a look at text string associated with the key and NOT the text string associated with the value which is what displays in the LifeCycle administrator. For example the "In Work" state is like this from StateRB.rbInfo:

INWORK.value=In Work
INWORK.shortDescription=In Work state

and as Josh pointed out Canceled turns into CANCELLED:

CANCELLED.value=Canceled
CANCELLED.shortDescription=Canceled state

Spelling 101???

Thanks

Top Tags