cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

odata reporting domain

rleir
17-Peridot

odata reporting domain

Hi Team

Does ODATA Reporting Domain work for you? I get 500 on all tests.

curl -X 'GET' \
'https://DOMAIN.com:443/Windchill/servlet/odata/v1/Reporting/OpenChangeNoticess?%24count=false' \
-H 'accept: application/json'

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ptc.odata.core.entity.processor.ProviderProcessor.readEntityCollection(ProviderProcessor.java:254)
at com.ptc.odata.core.entity.processor.EntityProviderProcessor.readEntityCollection(EntityProviderProcessor.java:114)
at com.ptc.odata.windchill.entity.service.WcEntityProviderProcessor.readEntityCollection(WcEntityProviderProcessor.java:290)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataDispatcher.handleEntityCollectionDispatching(ODataDispatcher.java:529)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataDispatcher.handleEntityDispatching(ODataDispatcher.java:511)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataDispatcher.handleResourceDispatching(ODataDispatcher.java:152)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataDispatcher.dispatch(ODataDispatcher.java:118)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataHandlerImpl.processInternal(ODataHandlerImpl.java:164)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataHandlerImpl.process(ODataHandlerImpl.java:85)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataHttpHandlerImpl.process(ODataHttpHandlerImpl.java:74)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.LocalODataHttpHandlerImpl.process(LocalODataHttpHandlerImpl.java:31)
at org.apache.olingo.server.core.ODataHttpHandlerImpl.process(ODataHttpHandlerImpl.java:88)
at com.ptc.odata.windchill.entity.service.RetryableRequestMediator.process(RetryableRequestMediator.java:476)
at com.ptc.odata.windchill.servlet.WcRestServlet.service(WcRestServlet.java:200)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:764)

WC 12.0.2 

Am I doing something wrong?

cheers -- Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:rleir)

Hi @rleir 

It's a pity if you don't have time to contact PTC.

If you don't do that no one will do it for you and the issue will never be solved..

PetrH

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
rleir
17-Peridot

Maybe this article is a clue to the answer?

WRS Reporting Domain does not apply Java Method on WRS 2.3

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS366253

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @rleir 

What Windchill version do you use? 

In Windchill 12.0.2.2 I can't find Reporting Domain.

PetrH

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi Petr

Do you have CPS-7?  I think the Reporting Domain appeared then.

See it discussed in WRS 2.3 on page 188.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Windchill_REST_Services/2,-d-,3/wrs.pdf?sc_lang=en 

cheers -- Rick

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @rleir 

In my case the API does not work. 

Can not load the RestApi page for the PTCReportingDomain

Error in a browser

HelesicPetr_0-1664867259548.png

Errors in a MS Log

2022-10-04 09:08:58,451 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-5] com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.queryBuilder.QueryBuilderUtil admin - cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'operand' is not complete. One of '{column, constant, keyword, function, reportAttributeReference, subQuery, reportViewAttribute}' is expected.
2022-10-04 09:08:58,451 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-5] com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.queryBuilder.QueryBuilderUtil admin - FATAL ERROR at Line Number: 116 Column Number: 35
2022-10-04 09:08:58,452 ERROR [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-5] com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.reportBuilder.ReportBuilderDataManager admin - An error was encountered upgrading report template org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 116; columnNumber: 35; cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'operand' is not complete. One of '{column, constant, keyword, function, reportAttributeReference, subQuery, reportViewAttribute}' is expected.
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
2022-10-04 09:04:03,212 INFO  [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-1] wt.system.err  - java.lang.NullPointerException
2022-10-04 09:04:03,212 INFO  [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-1] wt.system.err  - 	at com.ptc.odata.docs.ODataSwaggerContext.cacheMetadata(ODataSwaggerContext.java:213)
2022-10-04 09:04:03,212 INFO  [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-1] wt.system.err  - 	at com.ptc.odata.docs.ODataSwaggerContext.getSchemas(ODataSwaggerContext.java:71)
2022-10-04 09:04:03,212 INFO  [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-1] wt.system.err  - 	at com.ptc.odata.docs.ODataSwaggerPathBuilder.<init>(ODataSwaggerPathBuilder.java:65)
2022-10-04 09:04:03,212 INFO  [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8010-exec-1] wt.system.err  - 	at com.ptc.odata.docs.WcODataSwaggerBuilder.<init>(WcODataSwaggerBuilder.java:53)

I guess that there is some error in parsing and it could be a bug.

PetrH 

rleir
17-Peridot

Petr:

Maybe that means you have bad QML in one of your reports? Unfortunately, that could be any one of your reports. Unless the log error names the report, you may need to open every report template in QueryBuilder or ReportBuilder?

cheers -- Rick

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@rleir

Good point. I haven't thought about that so much. 

I will check it but I guess that there are just OOTB reports. in the system.

PetrH.  

rleir
17-Peridot

Team

I have just been checking release notes for recent CPS versions, and found no mention of this problem or any fixes for it.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/update_advisor/update_advisor.jsp

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS273372

Is there another way to find which release fixes this issue?

Thanks

Rick

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @rleir 

Yes open a case to contact PTC support directly and ask them. 

May be the issue has not been reported yet .

If Article does not exists it can not be in the CPS release notes. 

PetrH

rleir
17-Peridot

Agreed, Petr.  But I don't have time for PTC support cases, sorry! Maybe the moderators will take it upon themselves to pass a link to this thread over to whoever is responsible for QA.

cheers -- Rick

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @rleir 

It's a pity if you don't have time to contact PTC.

If you don't do that no one will do it for you and the issue will never be solved..

PetrH

Top Tags