cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

setting security label in 9.1 m030

SimonLucas
1-Newbie

setting security label in 9.1 m030

Hi,

we are looking to use security labels to help control user access to objects at certain levels. We have managed to enable them and get them working on a base install of WC10 that we have for testing and they deliver exactly what we are looking for.

However in our 9.1 development environment I have managed to enable them but cannot select a label value and get it to stick - even when logged in as site admin.

I have set the authorised principles for each security label value to be a particular groups. These groups are then nested to give the varying levels of access. I have even added site admin to the highest group but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Simon Lucas

2 REPLIES 2
RussPratt
5-Regular Member
(To:SimonLucas)

I've implemented SL's in 9.1 m020 and m030 successfully. There are many potential sources of the problem you are having; likely not in the definition itself, but in one of the many config files that must be updated. Go thru all steps of the "Configuring Security Labels" section of the guide carefully. It is likely you missed a step, or have a typo somewhere. In particular, be sure you ran all the proper xconfmanager commands at the appropriate times.

Russ

Finally cracked it.

Wiped everything and started again from scratch. Pretty sure it was down to an error in the group creation for the 'athorised principle' for the different values.

Simon Lucas

Top Tags