cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

simple life cycle (2 states) with simpler workflow causes 2 processes to run

ptc-2091390
1-Newbie

simple life cycle (2 states) with simpler workflow causes 2 processes to run

I created a life cycle which has 2 states, In Work or Accepted. I also created a workflow that routes the request through 3 roles with notifications. When I promote a document, it starts 2 running process that look to be identical in the workflow process administrator. Also, 2 tasks show up for each role, one for the promotion request itself. What did I do wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

I've complained about this to PTC a zillion times for lots of years.

The default system behavior that has been there evidently since day 1 for the Lifecycle Admin automatically assigns workflow templates to states on SAVE. Take a careful look at your lifecycle - I'll bet a large cup of coffee that you have additional workflow process(es) that you didn't intend. These will generally be Submit or similar small, simple workflow templates, on either the gate or phase. There is some mapping of what process to map to what state, and whether to be on the gate or phase that I haven't yet found (and tech support can find). It's a huge nuisance but won't be cleaned up until enough people complain about it.

Thanks. I'll check the life cycle again. I also will open a ticket with PTC and point out the flaw.

Top Tags