cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

trying to move a wtpart out of a personal cabinet.

dpilkey
5-Regular Member

trying to move a wtpart out of a personal cabinet.

Hello,

When i try to move an object it gives me this error. It's location shows up as being in one of my personal cabinet. Part of the problem is that it is checked in.

"CRITICAL ERROR: this object is in a personal cabinet. Objects in a personal cabinet must be checked in before they can be moved."

Currently using Wildfire 4.0 m210 with windchill 10.0 M020

Thank You

Donald

5 REPLIES 5

Donald,

It sounds like the simplest thing is to check it in then move the file. Is there something that is keeping you from checking it in? Also when you say ‘personal cabinet’ are you referring to a workspace or are you working in the personal cabinet administrator?

Bob Lohbauer
Nishikant
4-Participant
(To:Lohbauer)

Is there any Windchill API to find out if Object is in personal cabinet. This will help me to handle such type of objects while bulk moving of objects.

dpilkey
5-Regular Member
(To:dpilkey)

The wtpart is already checked in. I’ve checked it out, modified it, checked it back in and it still won’t let me move it. It is actually a workspace given on the information page but when you look inside of it, it’s empty.

Donald Pilkey
CAD Leader
aacciano3
13-Aquamarine
(To:dpilkey)

I believe there is a WinDU and WinRU task to fix those.

I would open a Tech Support call with PTC. Sounds like currupt workspace. Your workspaces are all part of your personal cabinet. If the object is in check-in state, but when you try to move the error states it needs to be checked-in, this indicates an anomoly in the database. Tech Support can help you get it sorted out. /pete

Top Tags