cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

wcadmin cannot login with correct credentials

MS_10006502
4-Participant

wcadmin cannot login with correct credentials

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.1.0

I am getting an error trying to login with an wcadmin account.
The password has not been changed, but all the other accounts can still login

Here are the errors that I faced
[Fri Jul 26 12:35:36.829964 2024] [auth_basic:error] [pid 5768:tid 3040] [client 10.225.178.106:62245] AH01617: user wcadmin: authentication failure for "/Windchill/app/": Password Mismatch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:MS_10006502)

Here is what I recommend. Open a Ticket with PTC. Just another avenue for support other than here. I would just reset the wcadmin password but you need to determine which LDAP its configured in. If not defined in your Azure, then it must be LDAPSoft. You can user its control panel to alter the password but also check if password rules are enabled like expiration time periods. This is for WindchillDS but its the same underlying system as OpenDJ: https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WCDirectoryServerAdmin_PasswordPoliciesAbout.html

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

I see that you are using Azure. Did the account get locked or expire? I've seen this with OpenDJ. Swear I was typing in the right creds.  If you have another way to verify that, I would try that. Since other users can get in, it looks like your configuration is good.  Are both users and wcadmin in the same branch?

@avillanueva , Yes, this is azure and I am LDAPSoft. I am not aware of expiration, is there a way to check if its locked or expired?. 3 users, 2 of which are not site administrators are able to get in and the wcadmin, who is the site administrator is not able to get in. Yes, its on the same instance, its not a cluster setup

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

To be clear, where is your wcadmin user authenticating to? Is it Azure or your LDAPSoft LDAP? Your problem is one of those two. If its Azure, then check with your IT folks. If its LDAPSoft, you should be able to login via controlpanel. If you have configured it with password expiration in the default password profile, there should be an attribute (might be hidden) that indicates date of expiration. You also should be able to change the password there.

Is there a way to make another existing user as a Site Administrator?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Yes, add them to the Administrators group.

Is that possible through Windchill Shell?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Yes, you can load from File but I think that would require a user with access which of course is wcadmin. So are you saying that wcadmin was the only user in the administrators group currently?

Yes, that is correct, wcadmin was the only site administrator

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Here is what I recommend. Open a Ticket with PTC. Just another avenue for support other than here. I would just reset the wcadmin password but you need to determine which LDAP its configured in. If not defined in your Azure, then it must be LDAPSoft. You can user its control panel to alter the password but also check if password rules are enabled like expiration time periods. This is for WindchillDS but its the same underlying system as OpenDJ: https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r11.2.0.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WCDirectoryServerAdmin_PasswordPoliciesAbout.html

I already have a ticket with PTC, Thanks, I will try and let you know

I did the following:

1. Installed Apache Directory Studio

2. Logged in using the connection information such as hostname, uid and ou

3. identified the userid wcadmin having the issue

4. Reset the password

5. Waited for 5 mins

6. Login was successful

Top Tags