cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

numolPDE and pdesolve() functions

bedmonds
7-Bedrock

numolPDE and pdesolve() functions

One-dimensional parabolic and hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) can now be solved by the new built-in function numol(), or inside solve blocks using the new built-in function pdesolve(). Both the wave equation and the heat equation, systems of PDEs, and PDEs with algebraic constraints, can be solved numerically in Mathcad, as long as they are linear in their highest order time derivatives.

5 REPLIES 5

can now be solved by the new built-in function numol(), or inside solve blocks using the new built-in function pdesolve()

new?????????????

Thats ridiculous - those function are available in Mathcad many many years, not to say since decades!!!

But I would be grateful if you could elaborate on where we can activate the E-books in Prime, a painfully missed feature since now and where we can download that ODE solve Blocks E-Book mentioned in your "new" file about those as "new" functions. As we all know the Mathcad Library was destroyed and deleted by PTC as well as the old repository.

21.04.png

Shaking my head in disbelief and sadness about whats going on here.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:bedmonds)

Ha Ha! Good catch Werner! Another copy-and-paste goof that could only be due to some low paid PTC intern that doesn't even know the software, combined with a total lack of oversight and no subsequent editing by someone that actually has a clue!

Yes, its a shame. But it can be topped. As Mark just pointed out in a recent thread, PDESolve is not even implemented in Prime 3 and consequently it doesn't appear in the file - in contrast to what the text and title implies.

In the file they posted they at least have deleted the occurences of FRAME and the mention of how to make an animation - congratulation! BTW, the file was part of Mathcad 11 distribution.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:bedmonds)

You are right! The copy and paste error would be excusable if it weren't for the fact that it occurs in so many other documents that PTC staff have converted. It's incredibly sloppy work. Claiming that old features and capabilities that we have had for years (although, of course, not in Prime) are actually new is, IMO, unethical. Claiming that we have a new feature or capability when it's not only not new, but hasn't even been implemented is a whole new low though!

I fully agree.

I think PTC staff know why they usually don't allow for comments at the documents they are posting - this one here being an exception. Another exception is that its exactly this document which is not accessible via the Worksheet Directory - the link isn't working 😉

Its my opinion that the way those various sheets are presented here in a dynamic forum is highly inappropriate and even despite of the nicely made Worksheet Directories its simply a mess.

Top Tags