cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Image Locations

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Image Locations

I have a document (created on someone else's computer) with a few images. When I open it up on my computer, the images appear in wrong locations (typically left and up of where they should be). When I open the file on any other computer (I've tried at least 7 others), the images are where they are supposed to be. We are all running Mathcad13.

If, on my computer, I move the images to where they are supposed to be, the images are in incorrect locations on the other computers (I believe typically right and below where they should be).

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:MJG)

Are you sure they all have the same printer setup and page setup?

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

Ask the originator to save as *.PDF and read the *.PDF

You will have a 1/1 configuration, except for the quality

of the PDF used to create. When you create a *.PDF

you create a virtual printer coding [PRN]

jmG

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Mathcad is known to have these sorts of problems:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/59442#59442

Richard Jackson wrote:

Mathcad is known to have these sorts of problems:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/59442#59442

True: the Mathcad 3D and "picture tool" don't plot same.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

I'm not sure what did it, but this is no longer a problem for me. In case anyone reads this thread in the future, I thought I'd add a post to explain.

When the problem occurred originally, we tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but had the same problem. Recently, I had an unrelated problem with my computer and they ended up wiping my system clean (complete reinstallation of the OS & everything). Now everything seems to be functioning correctly. I wish I had a better explanation or solution, but it's the only thing that seems to have worked.

Now for all the projects that I had been working on, I'll have to move all the images back to their correct locations in the Mathcad documents... Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about it in the future.

Top Tags