cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Family Table instances color

MauroGrubman
1-Newbie

Family Table instances color

Is there any way to assign diferent colors to each instance in a family table? Not just to add a parameter "Color" but when opening an instance to get it in its own color...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not aware of a method but here's a link where the issue is discussed:

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/st/post=79244&anc=p79244#p79244

If you assign an appearance to different materials, you can assign a different material for each instance to change the color. Like for brass fasteners vs. stainless in a family table. So, you can also create specific materials with the same physical properties just to have different colors. There was a glitch where it didn't work in WF3, but sort of did in WF4 (you had to regen the assembly twice if I remember). They may have fixed that in Creo. The reason you can't just change colors of individual surfaces or all the surfaces, is that unless it's a surface that exists in ONLY that instance (i.e.: an added protrusion), the color will be the same for all instances.

Hi Mauro...

Look around on PTC Community. Frank is correct... and recently there have been some other threads covering some of the requirements for using this technique. If you can't locate the information, just write back. I can go back and prepare a short tutorial for you if need be.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags