cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Please add a search tool to your product ideas

fmueller
3-Visitor

Please add a search tool to your product ideas

In the last year I several times was quite annoyed, that PTC does not have a search tool for it's product ideas. I also read recently several customer support documents written by PTC where they ask the user that the feature of function they want could be proposed by opening a new product idea. But now the users problems start:

I can open a new product idea BUT I can't search for existing product ideas. Isn't that funny? What will happen now? Every single user who reads that CS-Document and likes to support that idee will make a new product idea. Nowbody knows from the others idea because it's simply not possible to search for it in a sufficient way. If PTC is "lucky" the one who made a new product idea forgot to separately vote for his own idea. Yes you read correct. Submitting an idea is not enough for PTC to understand, that that specific user, who spent time (ans money) to write an idea is also willing to vote for it. The user needs to extra click that he votes for his own idea. Most likely he will now have a couple of voters which by chance read that idea and voted for it. Someone else who would like to vote too simply can't because it's just not possible to search for a specific existing idea.

Therefore my requests to PTC are:

1.) If a user writes an product idea he should be automatically the 1st voter for his own idea

commuities.ptc.com/ideas/2713

2.) Add a search tool to the product idea website which allows users to search with keywords /fulltext for existing ideas open for voting

commuities.ptc.com/ideas/4017

3.) If a user asks for a certain issue the support should not just write "dear user please open a product idea". Instead the PTC support should "officially" open a new idea and offer the user to vote for it. Doing so I would call customer SUPPORT!

commuities.ptc.com/ideas/4129

And now, dear users - please vote if you want this too!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:fmueller)

Thanks Dale - you were right,

I initially just copied the link - and it didn't work. Then I used their button on the toolbar but typed manually the hyperlink-Adress - and made the typo in the hyperlinks.

Sorry to all and thank you for correcting it.

Unfortunately I can't correct the original discussion anymore once another user has replied. I'm just thinking of making a new product idea .... Maybe someone else will do it ... or already had this idea, who knows...

Frieder

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:fmueller)

Just goes to show you how many things that are out there to tweak and fix.

This was posted last year in regards to searching for product ideas:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/196704#196704

Top Tags