cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Ward #45 - Sizes of a cone

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Ward #45 - Sizes of a cone

Dear Valery!

Perhaps it has long been known, and maybe something I do not understand, but I have encountered such a strange situation - Mathcad 15 is completely wrong working with dimensional quantities in a solving block.

Example - in the attached file.

Regards,

The man from the image of this group.

All OK in Prime

5 REPLIES 5

While IMHO this would not justify downgrading from Magthcad 15 to Prime, the slightly better integration of units (think of odesolve) sure is one of  few benefits of Prime.

The effect itself is well known and its a matter of the CTOL-setting just working on default units (here meter).

We can help Mathcad 15 to give us the correct solution but admittedly Prime comes closer to the exact solution as you can see:

WE

Yes. Wermer, this answer was in the attached Mathcad 15 file!

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Yes. Wermer, this answer was in the attached Mathcad 15 file!

You mean in the Mathcad 15 file you intended to attach but forgot to do so, right?

You had attached two Prime files and I don't know what the difference is as I can't read 3.1 files anyway.

But you sure had not attached any Mathcad 15 file!

WE

Sorry, the Full Mathcad 15 sheet in attach

Hi Valery

The problem im Mathcad 15 is due to the default value of CTOL wich is 0.001. This value is equal to the right hand side of the constraint. Thus as soon as Mathcad finds values of r and h wich give a volume between 0 and 2 liters, iteration stops.

Regards

Ueli Rettenmund

Top Tags