cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

2 versions of a part in an assembly

remi25
2-Guest

2 versions of a part in an assembly

Hi everybody,

I create this topic because I would like to know if you could tell me how to create an assembly with two versions of one part and all the other parts that remains the same.

Hoping my question is clear enough.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:remi25)

Are the assembly constraints the same, just different part lengths? If so, you could make a family table out of the part that has two lengths and then you can make a family table of the assembly with one instance using the first instance from the part and the other using the second.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:remi25)

Are the assembly constraints the same, just different part lengths? If so, you could make a family table out of the part that has two lengths and then you can make a family table of the assembly with one instance using the first instance from the part and the other using the second.

It might be even better to use Flexibility, so the part's name will remain the same (if that's the idea). If you use Family Table, you end up with two component with slightly different names, while using Flexible component you have the same component with different attributes (dimensions, parameters etc.).

yes, the same constraints with different lengths. Thank you for your answer, that gave me the possibility to make what I went. 🙂

Top Tags