cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

3D degree symbol in sketch

RubenPas
9-Granite

3D degree symbol in sketch

I want to mill text in steel. The text is 30 "degrees"

With the font3d (and all other 3d fonts) it gives a circle. But what I would like to have is a "tube" geometry, with inner and outer diameter. Of course I can add another feature but I would like to have it in the same sketch. See .png attached

Enhancement request? Or am I missing something?

It's for Creo 2.0 (with 4.0 coming up). Ruben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:RubenPas)

Maybe just draw it with two circles? If you make the text right-justified you should be able to dimension the circle from the end of the text, so it's not dependent on the value for a correct position.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@RubenPas wrote:

I want to mill text in steel. The text is 30 "degrees"

With the font3d (and all other 3d fonts) it gives a circle. But what I would like to have is a "tube" geometry, with inner and outer diameter. Of course I can add another feature but I would like to have it in the same sketch. See .png attached

Enhancement request? Or am I missing something?

It's for Creo 2.0 (with 4.0 coming up). Ruben

Hi,

I guess it is possible to modify the degree character definition in the 3D font.

Martin Hanák
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:RubenPas)

Maybe just draw it with two circles? If you make the text right-justified you should be able to dimension the circle from the end of the text, so it's not dependent on the value for a correct position.

Yes, that is indeed the fast way that I took. I will take a look in the font, as Martin mentions.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your reaction. Ruben

Top Tags