cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

A Basic Question : Why regeneration required in Creo?

SandeepKadam07
12-Amethyst

A Basic Question : Why regeneration required in Creo?

Dear all,

There are lots of CAD softwares in market. As per my knowledge, I couldn't find any such regeneration happening in any other CAD tool.

Please share information regarding regeneration in creo

Regards,

Sandeep

4 REPLIES 4

All parametric solid modelers require a regeneration. Some just do it automatically and you never notice it. UG/NX, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, CATIA, Pro/Engineer family (Pro/E, Wildfire, Creo), and Inventor all require regens after a parameter change to update the model appearance.

In my former company have response for diesel engine design. When I edit some component and return to assembly , it takes about 1hour to complete regeneration.

After that happen I decide to edit all components before I press regenerate button. That is the point why regeneration button must have.

(use Pro Engineering wildfire 3 )

habdul
6-Contributor
(To:acharoenpon)

If there's no on-demand regen, your work will be interrupted every second, because of the auto regen. The point is to let you finish what you're editing before the model rebuilds.

I got it now...

Thanks all

Top Tags