cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

AFX vs Student Edition

MilongueroViejo
4-Participant

AFX vs Student Edition

I'm teaching myself Creo with version 6.0 student edition.

In trying to work on the framework utility, the system reports that the library parts ( standard beams and the such) were created in a commercial version of Creo and therefore, they are not compatible with the student version.

Is there a way to get around this limitation with a compatible library or even with home-made components that will effectively be compatible with the student version?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @MilongueroViejo 

we've recently added support for student version. Please make sure to use Creo 6.0.5.0 with AFX 6.0.5.0.

Hope that helps.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hello there and thanks for the prompt reply.

I have the right version of Creo ( 6.0.5.0) but the AFX version is 6.0.2.0 Lite.

Is there a way to update the AFX only?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @MilongueroViejo 

you should have the 6.0.5.0 version in the following folder: 

PTC/Creo 6.0.5.0/Common Files/afx

How do you start AFX? Usually if you use the embedded version of Creo then you always have the latest build.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

The prt files are where they are supposed to be...under common\afx.

I start afx from the regular assembly interface, framework tab.

The issue is always one of compatibility. The selected beam is properly identified but the file itself seems to be created with the commercial version of the product.

Is there a separate libraries file that can be downloaded to replace the current ones in the afx folder?

Hi @MilongueroViejo ,

I've checked back with PTC Support and it seems that the parts you require are in 6.0.5.1. 

Can you get that version and retry?

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags