cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ASSIGNING START_ASM

ptc-4586287
1-Newbie

ASSIGNING START_ASM

Can any body tell that how to change start template for assembly once after creating assembly.

waiting for answers.

Thanaks in advance

Sharath

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The features from the template are copied into the assembly, where they could be modied, reordered or deleted without dependency to the template. So there is no direct way to replace the "start assembly" within existing models.

Only for rule-based layers, you can define template models, which allow existing models to adapt their layers accordingly (config.pro option default_layer_model).

What can be done to adapt features or parameters from template models, is to apply the changes, that make the difference between both models.

As mentioned before in previous posts, ModelCheck or SmartUpdate can help automating this.

Gunter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can save the config.pro from the file you want duplicate and import it in the part you wish to correct.

Gucio
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4586287)

In my opinion - you have to use ModelCheck. There is no funcionality that will allow change start_asm in easy way.

regards,

Krzysztof

Krzysztof

If you have to change it for a lot of assemblies and parts you may look at SmartUpdate

http://www.buw-soft.de/index.php?id=smartupdatewizard&L=3

Stefan

The features from the template are copied into the assembly, where they could be modied, reordered or deleted without dependency to the template. So there is no direct way to replace the "start assembly" within existing models.

Only for rule-based layers, you can define template models, which allow existing models to adapt their layers accordingly (config.pro option default_layer_model).

What can be done to adapt features or parameters from template models, is to apply the changes, that make the difference between both models.

As mentioned before in previous posts, ModelCheck or SmartUpdate can help automating this.

Gunter

joe_c
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-4586287)

You can do this with automation programming languages such as weblink, jlink, toolkit, vba.. I have only used weblink, though a basic knowledge of programming language should be learned. API are much faster than modelcheck and you can tweak anything possible. But it takes time, so it is best to stick to modelcheck for now.. The problem with modelcheck is you have to update each submodels, input the new parameters, etc. I dont think you can update relations with modelcheck, i might wrong..do let me know

Top Tags