cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Accessing Annotation Note Parameters in a part drawing table

Aaron_Daniel
13-Aquamarine

Accessing Annotation Note Parameters in a part drawing table

Is there a way to access annotation note parameters (parameters within an Annotation Element Note - not part parameters) in a part drawing table?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I understood correctly, all you need to do is to create a parameter of type note and assign the proper note id. Then call that parameter in the drawing.

Take a look at the attached files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Can you explain what you wish to accomplish? Typically, the note would be driven by a parameter, not the other way around.

I discovered the reason for my frustration - I had forgotten that to access parameters of annotations, 'NID_' is used instead of 'FID_'

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/creo_hc/creo20_hc/pma/fundamentals/fund_seven_sub/Syntax_for_Including_Parameters_in_Notes.html#styler-id1.1.1.11.5.7.1

However, my ultimate goal is to find a way to make a parametric revision table in a drawing for a part (preferably using accumulated revision notes under one annotation). It's probably not possible without PTC adding some new report parameter symbols.

Something that most designers seem to want to do is to track the revisions of a part in the model drawing, when it really must be tracked within the model.

As powerful as they are, I find two obvious shortcomings of reports:

a. the lack of ability (report parameter symbols) to track acumulated revisions in part drawings, and

b. the lack of ability (again - report parameter symbols) to create a Parametric Table of Contents for multi-sheet assembly drawings.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2561

If I understood correctly, all you need to do is to create a parameter of type note and assign the proper note id. Then call that parameter in the drawing.

Take a look at the attached files.

Top Tags