cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Add an external assembly to a family table

OY_10733010
2-Guest

Add an external assembly to a family table

Hi everyone, im working with some assemblies that each of them has been created independently. My question is, can i add several external assemblies to a family table? or i have to create again each and everyone of them from the biggening from a main assembly?

Thanks for helping me out. Best regard.

2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:OY_10733010)

If I understand correctly, you are wanting to attach some sub-assemblies to an assembly and have them part of a family table. When adding a component, you select the subassembly.

The constraints need to be independent from each other. If not, some assemblies will only appear when the subassembly to which they are constrained is present in the model.

Some will caution about using subassemblies with family tables call out in another family tables. It all depends on how complicated your parts are. I work frequently with family tables within family tables within family tables.

Hi @OY_10733010,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation. 

Thanks,
Anurag 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags