cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Dimension view status is linked to datum plane status using layers

EnriqueNunez
7-Bedrock

Dimension view status is linked to datum plane status using layers

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0, 7.0.2.0,

At drawing application, when using "Show model Annotations" in order to bring out specific dimensions from the CAD model, for example, a 3D annotation derived from a datum plane (the dimension in question is the offset dimension from a datum plane to another datum plane in order to create it), it's shown correctly on a particular drawing view, but if the datum plane on the drawing view is hiden using layers, the dimension it's also gone, leaving only a suppressed dimension on the drawing tree. If the view is manually updated, the dimension is back, but if using "Draft Update", the dimension is gone again. The dimension it's left in a status of showing but then gone if the drawing is updated. Apparently CREO consider the dimension also a datum plane.

Thanks for any advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Set drawing detail option update_drawing 2890251 and update the sheet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please try with Creo Parametric. 7.0.6.0. Try also with a new model and drawing.

Is it on your specific drawing only? If so, we can open a TS case.

I tried to reproduce, but it works fine:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, apparently is a specific drawing issue, since I'm trying to replicate the same issue with another model and drawing (new) and I cannot do it, both dimensions. driven or the 3D annotated are good and showing, even if I hide the layers.

But, in the old drawing I have (it was created using earlier versions of CREO), the dimension on the drawing tree appears as "suppressed" and if I select it, it is highlighted successfully, and if I go directly to the layer status of that particular view, the suppress status is gone and the dimension is showing, but if I use Draft Update, the suppress status does not appear again but the dimension is gone.

Issue.JPG

Data specific, so opening a technical support case. (C16164116)

Set drawing detail option update_drawing 2890251 and update the sheet.

Thanks for the support, this options really does the trick!

Top Tags