cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Advanced information for a part

pedgar
1-Newbie

Advanced information for a part

Hi everyone. My question is the following: Can we know the names o all the assemblies in wich a part is included, starting from a part? Like this: we go to somewhere, maybe RMB>info, in a part; and there we have all the assemblies´names in wich that part is included... Is there something like that? Thank you very much!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Without a PDM system, the information on where a model file is used is impossible without manual human tracking. Second even with a PDM system the RMB will not provide that access. Product Data Management (PDM)

"Eric Mills" wrote:

Without a PDM system, the information on where a model file is used is impossible without manual human tracking. Second even with a PDM system the RMB will not provide that access. Product Data Management (PDM)

I'm fairly new to ProE so don't know an easy way within the software to do what you were asking. However, just poking around and examining assembly files with wordpad, I've noticed you can locate the parts within the assemblys by searching for "3 3 ". I would think a small script file (visual basic, C program, unix script or some other program) should be able to scan all your assembly files and compile a spreadsheet of the parts used. Once in a spreadsheet its a simple matter to sort columns and see what's what. Sound feasable?

you may try findmymother by A.Rosssbach http://proe.cad.de/downloads/proe.html

This is what we do using XP Pro. open up a windows search (windows key + F) in the 'all or part of the file name' box, type *.asm.* in the 'a word or phrase in the file' box, type the name of the .prt you are looking for WITHOUT wild cards. (the less specific you are here the less likely that simple spelling errors will trip you up.) in the 'look in' box, select where you want to search accordingly. This is the best solution my IT dept. came up with since we don't run a PDM solution. Hope it helps.

"Kevin Garrett" wrote:

This is what we do using XP Pro. open up a windows search (windows key + F) in the 'all or part of the file name' box, type *.asm.* in the 'a word or phrase in the file' box, type the name of the .prt you are looking for WITHOUT wild cards. (the less specific you are here the less likely that simple spelling errors will trip you up.) in the 'look in' box, select where you want to search accordingly. This is the best solution my IT dept. came up with since we don't run a PDM solution. Hope it helps.

Hello Perez, on his website - hit download - in the rolldown menue "download" select findmymother - and select english version you will receive a zip file. This tool does what Kevin says only with GUI.

"Reinhard Nueckel" wrote:

Hello Perez, on his website - hit download - in the rolldown menue "download" select findmymother - and select english version you will receive a zip file. This tool does what Kevin says only with GUI.

pedgar
1-Newbie
(To:pedgar)

"Reinhard Nueckel" wrote:

Top Tags