cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Afx custom equipment Name & File Name different

Joey_BMH
6-Contributor

Afx custom equipment Name & File Name different

Hi,

I created a custom equipment in AFX, but when I assemble it, the "Name" attribute and the "File Name" attribute of the equipment are not the same. The "File Name" is good, but the "Name" doesn't change from the name of the basic file in the AFX folder.

I tried creating an element_name.txt but it didn't work (the file worked on the "File Name" but not on the "Name"). I tried a standard equipment and the "File name" & "Name" were ok.

Is there anyway to force the "Name" to be the same as the "File Name" for a custom equipment?

Thank you,

Joey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Joey_BMH,

that version is really old. The first one that had the common name setting was AFX 3.0

I suppose you are also on an older Creo Version. So the fixes for that happened in Creo 3 & 4 if I am not mistaken.

Can you update to Creo 4.0?

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Joey_BMH,

what version of Framework are you using?

We introduced a function that would always set the common name equal to the file name. That function came around August 2013.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi @SamuelBrantner

We are using AFX 2.0 M010. I don't know the release date of that version.

Also, I didn't start my assembly from the equipment assembly template file. 

I just tried to create a custom part from the equipment part template file and it worked (common name = file name). 

I tried to create a custom assembly from the equipment assembly template file, then created and assembled a part in that assembly (without using the equipment part template). Results: The assembly was ok (common name = file name) but the part was not (common name =/= file name).

This lead me to believe that there is something in the template part and assembly that is not present in my part/assembly, but I can't figure out what. 

Hi @Joey_BMH,

that version is really old. The first one that had the common name setting was AFX 3.0

I suppose you are also on an older Creo Version. So the fixes for that happened in Creo 3 & 4 if I am not mistaken.

Can you update to Creo 4.0?

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi,

coincidentally we are soon upgrading to Creo 4. I tried my equipment on our test machine with Creo 4.0 and it worked just fine. Thank you!

Joey

Top Tags