cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Animation interpolation problems

SamWorthington
11-Garnet

Animation interpolation problems

I am trying to create an animation in Creo 2.0. To start with I am just trying to create a simple orbit animation and to do this have created four views at 90 degree rotation points and set them equally spaced time intervals. I want the view to sping smoothly so have turned Animation Interpolation on.

The problem is, Creo moves the view vertically and unpredictably for no apparent reason so it is not in the frame, as shown in the attached WS1000-2500.mpg. You can see the difference between the actual views with the "WS1000-2500 No Interpolation.mpg" file also attached.

Is this just another example of PTC's inabilities to write proper software, or does anyone have any idea what is going on and how I can sort it out?

Many thanks for any help,

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, if you want to create a simple orbit animation it is not necessary create views.

You can create animation around axis - spin your model/assembly around axis

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Vladimir,

Thanks for the suggestion. Making the model spin is fine for the example I demonstrated, but my next step is to render the animation and if I spin the model, the reflections and shadows will mean it is clear the model is spinning, and not the camera.

Hi Sam

I know that it is not problem - you can really easy Lock Room to your object >> in Room editor select Room locked to Studio

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks once again for the suggestion. Once I have got the orbit sorted, I do need the assembly to move relative to the room. I appreciate I could create a seperate hidden part as the grounded part, and move the assembly relative to this part, but it is only a work around to what appears to be a significant failing in the functionallity of the software. Do you (or anyone at PTC) know what the source of the problem is?

Sam

Hi Sam,

I am "only" ProE and Creo user (I have a lot of experiences as application engineer for PTC software), and I use the functionality from this software

If you have any idea for improving Creo - you can create new Idea: http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo?view=idea

Thanks Sam,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks for your help so far Vladimir, it is apprecaited. I will post a message again here if I get any further with the problem.

All the best.

Sam

You are welcome, Sam

Regards, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags