cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Annotation on top?

rmuller
6-Contributor

Annotation on top?

Hi,

I like to use annotation feature to show customers important points on our design. Dimensions are no problem but when I try to do a 3d annotation. I rotate the model to desired orientation and saved that view in view manager. Then in Annotation plane manager I add new plane. This lets me to add annotation with leader. So far so good. 
Problem is that I would like my annotation to be visible even though it is hidden behind and assembly object. There must be some simple setting which will let me to do that but I can not find it.

On the picture attached you can see that the leader goes behind and throught the aluminium extrusion. I need it to look just like the arrow beside it.. This would be required for the text also.

Thank you for your help.
Sorry if this doesnt belong here.

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:rmuller)

I think the only way you are going to get things to look as you wish is something like:

(1) Define the plane you want your annotation on, ensuring that it is "above" the assembly in the view you will use.

(2) Define the annotation stuff.

The annotation, as I understand it, is just like a sketch located in 3D space. If it is obstructed by any geometry, hidden line removed or shaded views will cause that geometry to block your annotation.

I don't know if annotations will affect the overall "envelope" of your geometry, though. This might not matter but then again if it "counts" as part of the assembly it could make the size of any views of other views of the part have weird boundaries (edges far beyond the edges of the components).

rmuller
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Thank you Ken.
That is what I was afraid off. Defining new planes just have my annotation visible is waste of my time. I would rather do it in the Paint 😄 

I am not really sure what do you mean by Define the annotation stuff?

Top Tags