cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Annotations and Layers

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Annotations and Layers

Creo2, M120

We are not big users of annotations except for the occasional 3D note to bring dimensional or parameter info on screen in a model.  in the past, we used the old 3D note feature and we had a rule based layer in our start part that found those notes and turned them on and off as needed.  The rule on that layer was this:

Look for: Note

Look by: note

Name == *

That worked great and gathered up the notes ad let us hide them.

in Creo 2, we now have to create an anotation feature wiht a note inside.  the note still ends up on the layer, but nothing will make the note go away.  I've tried other rules with the same results:

Look for: Feature

Look by: Annotation

Name == *

Look for: Feature

Look by: Feature

Type == Annotation Feature

All get the annotation feature on the layer, but hiding the layer does nothing to make the note go away.

What am I missing?  How can control the visibility of a 3D note with layers?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, according to this document, the ability to control the visibility of annotations by layer was removed in Creo 1.  They recommend using "Combined View States", which is fine if you're doing model based definitions, but it's a cumbersome substitute if you just need to see a note on screen occasionally.

I've created a Product Idea to restore the functionality, please vote for it.

--
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hi Doug,

I see this behaviour alot. Some items just cannot be hidden, some items can be hidden using layers and some just reapear whatever the method to hide them was used. It's not always just a matter of a mirrored component, this strange behaviour happens to be with regular components as well.

It even happens the other way around. For instance I have a layer with a rule that gathers all sketched items and when this layer is not hidden, the sketched curves sometimes dissapear anyway.

It all seems really odd, and from my experience the behaviour of hiding/showing items is pretty inconsistent since the release of Creo 1.0.

If you think you can reproduce anything like that, then please report it to PTC Support.

Hi Doug, i too have experienced strange layer behavior. With regards your problem, can't you just turn them off with the 'Annotation Display' icon?

Regards

John

annotation.PNG

I can, but using layers gives more control over what I see and what I don't.  That icon is all or nothing.

--
LinkedIn

Well, according to this document, the ability to control the visibility of annotations by layer was removed in Creo 1.  They recommend using "Combined View States", which is fine if you're doing model based definitions, but it's a cumbersome substitute if you just need to see a note on screen occasionally.

I've created a Product Idea to restore the functionality, please vote for it.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags