cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Anybody have an idea about creating fabrication models & drafting in Pro-E?

pshukla
5-Regular Member

Anybody have an idea about creating fabrication models & drafting in Pro-E?

Hello,

I am wondering how the fabrication model can be created in Pro-E as in autocad we have first drgs with full component and as next sheet we use to show all the angles & small parts which are going to be welded together to build that component

one option is that to create each small parts as a part and then assemble but in drgs th work will increase as we need to adjust from everything from diffrent hatching styles for assembled parts and filling hatch fill in weld prepared edges.

Please help if you have any easy idea.

Regards,

Prasad

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

There is not, as far as I know, a formal designation/creation of an inseparable assembly within Creo.

What you are doing, creating an assembly, is what I and seemly others do to skirt this item.  With regards to the drawing, it's usually first sheet, the assembly, while the second sheet contains the "quicky" details

see this as an example Drawing Models Automatically Change

There have been submissions for product ideas Merged/separate feature option in Part files and even some discussion at PTC events.

A somewhat long discussion regarding drawings and methodology may be a worthwhile read Re: Need help with drawings in Creo 2‌for newbies

Good luck

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:pshukla)

Not sure if this helps, but I remembered this discussion:

Re: Creating a wool-like fabric in creo 2.0

Top Tags