cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Anyway to get users computer name automatically on drawings? Not using plot label.

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

Anyway to get users computer name automatically on drawings? Not using plot label.

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to add a string to my drawings so when someone opens it, and prints it, it shows who printed it (computer name)?

I've tried messing with plot_label yes, but I really would like to ability to place this info where I want it on the drawings. Plus it doesn't work all that great. 

Is there anything within Creo that I can add to my drawings to change to whom ever opens the drawing, and then prints it?

We sometimes have extra drawings floating around our shop, and we are trying to track down who is printing these. lol. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay

1 REPLY 1

There is such an article, which is close in some way - "Default file name for new drawing should be the file name of the associated part in Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Parametric": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS37524 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags