cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Assembly Question

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Assembly Question

Hi all,

i have a question concerning assemblies. If i have two separate assemblies that have one common part, is there a way of only assembling the common part once only. Let me explain, i have an assembly 'x' comprising two parts 'a' & 'b', & a second assembly 'y' comprising two parts 'c' & 'b'. Part 'b' is present in each assembly. Is there a way of assembling parts 'a' & 'b' in such a manner that part 'b' is automatically assembled to part 'c'.

Thank you in advance

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

You should have a look at the component interface command.

You can create Half constrain on each part and the part will automatically constrained each other when you insert it in an assembly.

Hope this help.

Nicolas

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:nico74)

Thank you for the reply Nicolas,

i am not sure i fully understand, any chance you could explain further. Sorry to be a pain.

John

It's ok

Have a look at this post it might help

http://communities.ptc.com/message/8600#8600

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:nico74)

Thank you Nicolas,

that looks like it could be useful.

John

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration