cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Assembly constraint placed in a family table

rcrisp
3-Visitor

Assembly constraint placed in a family table

Proe Users,

Please tell me I'm not going crazy. I seem to be certain that I remember putting assembly constraints of a component into a family table before; can someone verify that this is possible? Perhaps I just did it in SolidWorks, I know it is possible with configurations.

A fellow user has an assembly that has a base component that has 3 variable constraints with several components assembled to it. We need toggle the constraints on and off to create 15 different assembly possibilities and would like to do this in a family table. We can't just place 3 of the first base part in the model and add the component to the family table do to the nature of the constraints.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add multiple mate constraints to a family table? If possible can someone tell me the secret to doing it, I can't select the mate folder or each constraint from the family table selection dialog box.

Thank you

Ryan Crisp | Senior Mechanical Engineer

Priority Designs
501 Morrison Rd.
Columbus, OH 43230
(614) 337-9979
www.prioritydesigns.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:rcrisp)

I don't think you can put the constraints in a family table, only
dimensions, components, features and parameters.

I'd look for a clever way to create the constraints around a variable
datum plane or coordinate system or something with a dimension that you
can modify.

You may be able to do more with Pro/Program, but I'm not familiar with
it.

Frankly, if your 3 versions vary that much in their first component, you
may be better off creating 3 distinct assemblies. The benefit of a
family table my not be worth the pain here.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags