cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Assembly hide functionality. Hides all identical parts?

Nairn
8-Gravel

Assembly hide functionality. Hides all identical parts?

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help me here. I am fairly new to Creo (Come from using Solidworks), and I am using Creo 6 to handle large assemblies, but I notice that when I try to hide single components that are part of a sub-assembly any additional copies of that component in any other sub-assemblies are being hidden at the same time. Is there a way to turn this functionality off? Is this a bug or a "feature"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Nairn)

This is how the software works. If that is not what you want you could look into using a simplified representation (simplified rep). You an turn individual components on and off with a simplified rep.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise

This is how the software works. If that is not what you want you could look into using a simplified representation (simplified rep). You an turn individual components on and off with a simplified rep.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you open the sub-assy separately in that session of creo, the component will be hidden in the sub-assy, hence the component is hidden anywhere that sub-assy is used.

I agree with Chris, for large assy management, you will want to use simp reps.

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

Hello @Nairn 

Previous answers in this post are correct and clear to me, but if you have a recent experience with our products, you will probably appreciate further clarification on the question: Why, when I hide a component in a given sub-assembly, it is sometimes (but not always) hidden elsewhere in my top structure?

For an answer on this question, I prepared for you a little movie (registered with sound for the explanations). I hope this will help to have a better understanding of how system behaves when hiding a given component in an assembly structure.

If not clear, or if you need any further guidance in this direction, feel free of course to reply to this Community.

Regards,

Serge

YY_8922822
13-Aquamarine

Hello @Nairn 

I used this workaround in Solidworks with SWIM:

If you have PLM, select the item there and then you will select all the identical items

Regards,

Top Tags