cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Assist with installing Creo 7.0 STUDENT

NV_10464546
2-Guest

Assist with installing Creo 7.0 STUDENT

Greetings Community,

I've been asked to install CREO Parametric 7.0 - Student Edition for my university course. I have created a student account, disabled firewalls, disabled antivirus, downloaded the compressed program file through webpage link, run the setup wizard as "Administrator", and imputed the Simple License Entry product code "BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI" as instructed in the Quick Installation Guide. When I start up the program, it says something along the lines of Invalid License followed by other pop-ups, and it eventually closes. I scoured the internet and videos and none of the methods I have found worked. My university Professor is unable to provide assistance, but is aware of this issue every semester with other students. Can anyone please provide provide me with a walk-through for proper installation of this program? My machine is a Dell i7 with Windows 11.

Also, I was emailed a ".dat" document called "sw_license_email_62278.dat"  -  am I supposed to copy this document into one of the program folders or enter specific line from the file anywhere? I'm sure the document is significant, I just don't know what to do with it.

Please let me know if you need additional information. I'll try my best. 

P.S. - I'll be the first to admit I am not super Tech-Savvy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

I followed the steps in the link and successfully installed Creo. For reasons unknown to me, it took sever attempts, requiring the removal of all (including hidden files). Nonetheless, I'm all set now. Thanks!

Glad you solved your problem!

Hi,

1.]

Installer saves license file into hidden directory C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing.

To see the contents of this directory simply put C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing path into address field of File Explorer.

2.]

License file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory must contain same information as sw_license_email_62278.dat file.

Please upload the file for me to check its contents.

3.]

License file is mentioned in parametric.psf file located in Parametric\bin subdirectory.

Example ... C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.5.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf

See following lines in Notepad:

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-= ...

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME= ...

Martin Hanák
Top Tags