cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Autocad Conversion

SANTOSHKAPLAPUR
1-Newbie

Autocad Conversion

Whenever i convert the creo drawing into Autocad the text style and dimensions style changes and notes which i have writtne in drawing they also change and some times they go out from the template boundry , then i have to manually change those all things which is really annoying and lot of waste of time

Is their any way so that when i convert DRW into DWG their shouldn't be any change in dim style or text style.

and one more thing what is the standard procedure to convert the DRW into DWG?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again.

I did some tests now and it worked. The procedure is:

1-Export DRW to DWG

2-Open a DWG file where you have the dimensions style that you like

3-In menu Format - Dimensions , set the dimension style you want as current or predefined

4-Insert the DWG file that you exported into the file you have open before

5-In dimensions Menu there is a Update all dimensions Icon, select it and then do a window to pick all drawing

That's it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

You can insert your DWG file into a template of your Autocad with the correct dimensions then i think there is a command in Autocad to update all the dimensions and anotations into your template style

Hi ,

Thank You For Your attention can you explain me how exactly to do in autocad i amen i really not good in autocad

Hello again.

I did some tests now and it worked. The procedure is:

1-Export DRW to DWG

2-Open a DWG file where you have the dimensions style that you like

3-In menu Format - Dimensions , set the dimension style you want as current or predefined

4-Insert the DWG file that you exported into the file you have open before

5-In dimensions Menu there is a Update all dimensions Icon, select it and then do a window to pick all drawing

That's it

Top Tags