cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Automated Technical Drawings

eneskilinc
3-Visitor

Automated Technical Drawings

Hi,

Is it possible to create an automated techincal drawing process in Creo Parametric. 

I am designing a lot of sheet parts and I don't need to give detail but in drawing I have to give maximum dimensions for sheet part. If there is a way to do it automated. It will save me a lot of time. 

I mean with just one click or a combination I just want to create front view and right view for a flat sheet part.I am doing it with mapkey but still have to give dimensions manually. 

Thanks in advance

-Enes

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:eneskilinc)

You can look at drawing templates. You would need to set up your part models and drawing template so it is always consistent. 

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your response.

I already have templates comes default by my company. But I'm looking for a way to draw part drawings much faster. As I said we have bunch of parts in assemblies. So it takes time to just giving maximum dimension and thickness of a sheet part. (When we say 10.000 parts it takes very long time.)

I'm looking for a way to escape this thing. I know Creo has this capabilites but I just don't know how to do it...

Enes

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can have many drawing templates. Your standard company drawing template is probably basic, just to apply common settings everyone should use.

You can build another template from that one, that shows the views you want it to show, and I believe you can have it show specific dimensions. If you make your models consistently the same, you can create a template to show the views and the basic dimensions you want.

A google search and i came across this video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkTvRWZMLU

Maybe it will help you develop a template that will work for you.

Learn more about Creo packaging and pricing: https://eacpds.com/products/ptc-creo-packages/ Learn how to use Creo quicker and more efficiently. Drawing Templates minimize effort and reduce redundant tasks when creating engineering drawings. By setting up custom drawing templates you can easily: -
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Another option would be third party automation tools like SmartAssembly.  It's very easy with SmartAssembly to automatically create new drawing, add views, add dimensions, etc.  You could easily loop the process and create thousands of drawings with no user interaction required.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags