cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

BELT CONNECTION BUT OPEN FOR MECHANISM

ggarcia
8-Gravel

BELT CONNECTION BUT OPEN FOR MECHANISM

Hi All,

I would Like if is possible make a mechanism with belt open or similar construction.

3 PARTS: Fixed part, Mobile part 1 and Mobile part 2

In blue... The """ Open Belt """

OPEN_BELT.png

Thank you guys.

I hope may you help me.

BR,

Gorka

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

It is not possible to have an "open" belt in MDX/MDO. This has been a long-standing request to PTC and something many people can use. It would be nice to see PTC spend our maintenance payments on keeping its software current with user needs.

rjakel
4-Participant
(To:ChrisKaswer)

Christopher,

I fully agree. Furthermore, it's not only the open belt which is missing - even the closed belt functionality is not sufficient for a usual MDO Analysis, since it does not take into account belt forces from belt preload and frictional forces according the fundamental law S1=S2 x e^µa, if a torque is transferred by the belt. In the current state, it’s just an MDX gimmick and this since many years – nothing has happened here.

Not to forget what happens with Creo Simulate currently: Maintenance money is not reinvested, but runs into the internet of things or someone else’s pocket…

It’s very sad what happens at PTC here…

Roland,

You are correct, IoT is the "shiny ball" PTC is chasing now and using our maintenance money to fund. I can't help but think that if we all together stopped paying maintenance, it would finally be enough to get PTC's attention.

Top Tags