cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

BOM, Repeat Region, Swapping Models

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

BOM, Repeat Region, Swapping Models

I am starting a drawing from a drawing - SaveAs - lot of notes and other things that don't need to be redone.

I then add the new model and set it as active.

I have a BOM with a repeat region. For a lot of the other parameters in the drawing, I just erase the reference to the old model (usually :27 or something like that) and then when I press enter, the information from the current model (the one that is set at active) shows up.

Is there a way to do this for the BOM, else I have to delete it and bring it back in.

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the Table>Repeat Region menu manager click Model/Rep, then the repeat region and select the new assembly from the file open window to drive the repeat region. Watch out though - if you have parameters in cells in the table that are not in the repeat region they will not be driven by the new assembly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dale,

can you save a copy of your model with the option "rename_drawings_with_object both" set ?

If model and drawing have the same name the drawing will be created.

Reinhard

In the Table>Repeat Region menu manager click Model/Rep, then the repeat region and select the new assembly from the file open window to drive the repeat region. Watch out though - if you have parameters in cells in the table that are not in the repeat region they will not be driven by the new assembly.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:JoshBenson)

I will test that shortly, but a quick question about the parameters.

You are talking about parameters in the cells that are not part of the repeat region. Are you talking about titles and other cells? These would probably be changed by them method I described above where you would right click on the cell and the delete the model reference (i.e. :27 or something like that) and when you exit, it would point to the current/active model.

Yes, that is correct.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Does it have to be a family table to pick the Model/Rep, or can it be a totally unrelated model?

I can't see to have it pick the model of an unrelated model that I added to the drawing.

Thanks, Dale

As far as I can tell it can be a totally unrelated model. I was just doing some experiementing with one of our standard BOM tables - I can reassign it to any model I can find whether it was already added to the drawing or not. Does it not show you the other models in the file open dialog, or does it give you an error when you try to pick them?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I figured it out. What threw me was the window that popped up to select the model. I expected to click on the model that I had already loaded into the drawing, not have to enter it into the "File Open" looking dialog box. Should have realized that it would blow away all the balloons even if the models were similar.

Thanks again, Dale

Top Tags