cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

BOM count is wrong

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

BOM count is wrong

We have an assembly that has 16 hex nuts in it. 12 are in a pattern of a group with a bolt and 2 washers. Windchill structure of the assembly shows the full counts. In the Creo BOM table, one of the groups is not being counted. I checked for repeat region relations and there are none.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? If so, how did you fix it?

Creo 4 m080

Windchill 11.0 m030

4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:BenLoosli)

Has the QTY column been assigned a different rep?

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/detail/To_Assign_a_Different_Model_to_a_Quantity_Column.html#

There is always more to learn in Creo.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kdirth)

Nothing was added to the BOM with the repeat region table settings.

It seems to be the first instance of a group that was then patterned to get the 12 locations.

The group consists of a cap screw, 2 washers and a nut.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

There's no normal reason this wouldn't work.

Things I would look for or try:

1. Is anything "flexible"? this screws up BOM tables.

2. Put an new table on the drawing and see if it is something funny about the table

3. Any pattern failures, reference patterns or such sometime don't recreate right after redefine.

4. Delete the pattern and re-create.

5. try to re-create the problem on a new assy/drawing (last ditch effort to see if it's me or a glitch or a bug)

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

1) Nothing is flexible.

2) Added another BOM table from my Table folder and it also showed the reduced quantities.

3) There are some regeneration and out-dated placement warnings, but they deal with the pipes in this assembly, not the nuts and bolts that hole the framework together.

4) We are doing that now. ☺

5) Might if I get time. The designer does not because he is under a time constraint to get the drawings out for production.

Top Tags