cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Better way to get started with Creo?

simran
6-Contributor

Better way to get started with Creo?

Hi!

I've been watching videos on how to build different structures through the PTC Creo website. However, I find it challenging to follow some of them, since they skip a lot of intermediate steps, start at an awkward/confusing point in their project where they have something I have no idea how to get, or just don't talk about how they are doing what they are doing when they are doing it. Is there a textbook or manual I can use to make my life easier in stepping through learning this software?

Thanks for all the replies!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

do you want to get something like that ? See attached part.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

I think that Creo behaviour is correct. What did you expect to happen ?

Can you upload your model ? If YES then use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák
simran
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

ok here is the file, in this file what i want is to either sweep the sketched profile between the outer trajectories and inner circle till 47 degrees from vertical, or swept blend it between the two sections i created.

Hi,

do you want to get something like that ? See attached part.

MH

Martin Hanák
simran
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Oh yes man thats exactly what i want to do, just with a profile i have created in the part i sent you.

How did u do it?

Hi,

1.]

I modified curves, now they cover angle < 360 degress

2.]

I used circular curve as Origin and spiral as second curve driving geometry shape.

MH

Martin Hanák
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:simran)

Your spiral is not tangent which makes some sweeps misbehave.

Try making the spiral with an equation.

Otherwise I have no idea what you are trying to make.

tip: set your message lines on the bottom of the Creo screen to 4 (or drag it up).  This will let you see messages like "selection not tangent" or "layer state not saved".

simran
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

yes the spiral is not tangent at some places but at 47 degrees from vertical it is tangent, still its not sweeping across. Neither swept blend is working.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

btw what I am trying to make is volute casing for a pump. so the oputer profile must folow a spiral while inner a circle.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I  might do this with straight section sweep.

The involute can be defined with an equation:

See if this helps - how to sketch a involute curve for centrifugal pump

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

There are certain conditions in spiral sweep where a section is not going to work.  They are far and few between.

As to selecting, you get one origin curve and then trajectory curves.  Shift key to select tangent inclusive curves.

Creo lets you use edges of surfaces as a trajectory or origin for sweeps if that helps.

Top Tags