cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Bill of material Creo 3.0 M020

dpillow
1-Newbie

Bill of material Creo 3.0 M020

When I click on the Bill of Material button in the mode tab in an assembly or tools tab in a drawing it opens the window to give me the options for the BOM-- top level/ sub assembly etc. When I click OK the Bom Reoprt pane opens up but is always empty?? Any suggestions.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:dpillow)

Don,

Are you using your custom BOM Format file? If yes, it might be failing to generate report due to some mistake in that fmt file. You can check this in config option bom_format.

You can make a trial by testing this in a Creo session without any config or custom settings.

Youu need a bom format. This is a text file put in with your configs, you can create it in Notepad then change the file extension to .fmt, see below.

My format is called bom_current.fmt,

This is the syntax:

.breakdown

%$type %$name contains items

.titles Part Number;|Issue;|Description;|Qty;|Mass(kg);|Material;

.row %$name[-14.14s];|%issue_no[-3d];|%description[-40.40S];|%$quantity[3d];|%mass[-5.2f];|%material[-35.35S];

Note that there must be a blank line at the end or it won't work.

In square brackets the first number is the allowed qty of characters, second is how many are used or qty of decimals, s refers to string, d refers to integer values, f refers to decimals. Obviously the parameter names may need to be changed to suit your own parameters.

You will need the following line put into your config.pro, so the format file can be located.

bom_format <path to file>\bom_current.fmt

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bwright-2)

Where can we get the list of options for formatting the bom format file?

I tried using the parameters from the repeat region of my drawing and it just gave me blanks.

Used the same file on the assembly and I also got blanks.

Ben,

you cannot use Report parameters in bom format file. I guess the only system parameters available are $type, $name, $quantity. All others are user parameters defined in assembly components. Formating is similar to C programming language.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ben,

Can you give me some information about parameters which you need in BOM format?

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:dpillow)

some bugs in creo

Top Tags