cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Break multiple witness lines

CreoCarlos
6-Contributor

Break multiple witness lines

Hi 
is there a way to break multiple overlapping witness lines simultaneous. Every time i have multiple dimensions from the same base crossing a witness line i have to spend forever right-clicking to break all the lines. Is there any way around this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:CreoCarlos)

It would help if you mentioned the version of Creo you are using. Student or Commercial and the release version.

If you think about the application of witness lines and dimensions, each is individual, therefore it would make sense that you need to apply the break for each witness line crossing. The only option I can think of is to mot use a witness line on one side of a dimension where you may have multiple witness lines stacked up. Not sure changing the witness line display is any easier than applying multiple breaks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It would help if you mentioned the version of Creo you are using. Student or Commercial and the release version.

If you think about the application of witness lines and dimensions, each is individual, therefore it would make sense that you need to apply the break for each witness line crossing. The only option I can think of is to mot use a witness line on one side of a dimension where you may have multiple witness lines stacked up. Not sure changing the witness line display is any easier than applying multiple breaks.

CreoCarlos
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

ahh yes sorry 4.0 commercial license. Actually just pulling all but one witness line away is a quite good cheat here

Thank you 🙂 

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Would be nice if they would add something to make it easier.  The breaks take time and they do not follow when object the break goes around moves.

A witness line break tool would be great, say select a line to break then the line to break it around and then it would create a specified gap maintain it if the line moves and delete if the line is deleted.  Even better, create an option to make it all automatic.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags