cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Broken view, missing break lines

MB_9236701
7-Bedrock

Broken view, missing break lines

Hi guys,

i have a problém with broken view. When i make in Visible area Tab everything is OK, I can see the break lines but when I click apply and ok and the small window disappears then the break lines disappear too … can’t understand 

Thanks for help !

9 REPLIES 9

I forgot to mention that the part is made with Cabling mode and I’m using creo parametric 7

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MB_9236701)

Difficult to diagnose without a picture or model.

Attach an screenshot of the issue along with a screen shot of the view properties window of the broken view selection.

The properties:

B069CFF1-FD99-4446-8FF2-EBFC2B5EC5CB.png

View After click OK

CD2F99D2-75E1-40C3-B6E6-DCE3813B5041.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MB_9236701)

Well, that seems random.

Have you tried re-creating the break from scratch? or tried using something other than the sketch break? To see if it's a glitch in that specific break.

Just for testing, make a new view and create a new break on the at view, just a straight break line. To see if it is a glitch in that specific view.

Other tests would be make a test drawing, add the cable to that drawing, add view with break. To see if it is a glitch in the original drawing.

Last one would be to make a new test cable model.

All silliness but if it's a glitch in one specific thing, maybe you can work around it.

Hi StephenW,

I have tried it yet. I made a new drawing from scratch and the same problem appeared. 

Thanks for your effort

Hi,

MartinHanak_0-1688108047824.png

My notes ...

1.] You are breaking geometry in vertical direction, but in dialog box I can see Horizontal option

2.] You selected F36 as breaking line ... I would expect pipe edge

3.] Please upload test data (drawing + part)

Martin Hanák

Hi MartinHanak,

1. I have tried it in many ways so the picture could be just one variant of my attempts.

2. yes you are correct 

3. I can’t upload it

The whole cable set is made in assembly which contains 3 solid bodies as connector plugs and then one part which represents cable harness. And I have noticed that if I do the broken view just on the solid parts it works perfectly. But the harness part doesn’t. Is it even possible to do proper broken view in the part made by cabling mode ? 

Thanks for your effort. 

Hi,

I downloaded testing data from old discussion and tested broken view functionality in Creo 7.0.11.0 and Creo 10.0.0.0.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Cable-Assemblies-Methods/m-p/494945

Both versions behave the way you described. I am sorry but I do not know how to solve your problem.

You can ask PTC Support whether requested functionality is implemented.

Martin Hanák

I'm seeing the same problem with a part drawing. More Creo garbage. Thanks PTC!

Top Tags