cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

COMBINING TABLE FILTERS TO FILTER SPECIFIC FAMILY PARTS

cschmid
12-Amethyst

COMBINING TABLE FILTERS TO FILTER SPECIFIC FAMILY PARTS

Is there a way to apply multiple filters to narrow a table to a list of parts that have the specified filters.  
I have two parameters that I would like to filter by.  Figure == 1 and  Class == Y

However,  I am not sure how to achieve this because adding the same filters to a single list.  If I put the same filters together  it filters everything because the parameters cannot have two different values. 

&fam.inst.param.name == CLASS
&fam.inst.param.value == y
&fam.inst.param.name == figure
&fam.inst.param.value == 1

I've been told that the only way to achieve my goal is to have to create a new parameter.  Is there a way to achieve the desired results just by filters?  See attempts in picture attached.  I just want the list in green.

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cschmid)

Are you trying to filter the table in a drawing repeat region?

I was able to do it by using the asm.mbr parameters, not the fam.inst ones.

&asm.mbr.view  == TRUE
&asm.mbr.figure  == 1

Try that and see if it gives you what you need.

cschmid
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

This is a family table.  All of the parts are very similar.  They have the same lengths and bends, but they have different features.  Some have a feature called "CLASS" : Y,N others have different holes which are differentiated by "Figure" : 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc...  On the first sheet I have a table that shows all differences including paint, however on the sheets where I dimension figure "1"  I want a table that shows only parts that are figure "1" and have CLASS "Y".   This way our production team can review which members of figure 1 have class without sifting through the large table on the front sheet.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cschmid)

Did you try my filters on your sheets?

Put the Class and View parameters into the repeat region 'BOM' of that sheet and add the filters.

Even though the family table is a Y/N entry, in the BOM it comes in as TRUE/FALSE.

cschmid
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

I am filtering out a Family table not a "BOM" table.  Those filters will not work on a family table. 

Please explain how this is supposed to work.

Do I use the same family table report symbol "&fam.inst.name"?  

Top Tags